Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nate's Wedding

Nathan got married to a really cool girl on the weekend after Easter in a little town called Pittsburg. It's in Texas! It may be on the other side of Texas, but it's still there! Anyway, after traveling almost 12 hours (we took the scenic route) we arrived to witness the event. I have never been to East Texas, but I'm glad we went. We got to see the World's Biggest Pilgrim! When I see this picture, I think of the movie, "So I Married an Axe Murderer!" Where the Irish man says: "HEED! PANTS NOW!" That will be funny to those who have seen the movie, those who haven't, well you are missing out! It was one of Mike Myers earlier films and possibly his funniest, but I digress!
East Texas has hills, trees, lakes, trees, rivers, trees, and when it rains, it rains! Well, it was raining when we went. It stopped raining in time for the wedding and was clear the rest of the weekend. I had said that I was worried that the World's Largest Pilgrim needed the World's Largest Umbrella to keep from getting wet. Jeffrey then piped up and said: "It's ok, Dad, he has a big hat on, he will be ok!"

Pittsburg, TX is hometown of Bo Pilgrim the founder of Pilgrim's Pride Chicken. Also Pittsburg has the World's Best Hotlinks. Just ask the locals! (Don't ask me) They also claim to be the first in flight. That's right, FIRST in flight, before them there Wright Brothers took it from 'em. There is a museum and everything that has a replica of "Ezequiel" (that's the name of their airship). Sorry no pictures of that thing.

Here you see Bo's mansion! Chicken does well! (Or did, apparently he is having some financial issues and had to let some of his help go...poor guy) Also here are some of them trees I was telling ya about!

Also in Pittsburg is this really cool Prayer Tower. Nathan and Susan were married in the Tower. I wish I had some cool pics from the inside of it, but I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment